Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Seconds on driving



Second driving lesson on Monday 24/3/08..
Well, the class starts at 10. The driving instructor being very well Malaysian only turned up at 10.20.. Never mind that, as i have had better sleep and i had a little lesson a few days before.
I was reversing the savvy with my brother in the passenger side, it did taught me on handling the car and boosting an amount of confidence in driving...
So, we then took of to the usual driving spot in a parking lot near Menjalara.. Then the instructor came out and let me take the wheel... (yippie) Being more prepared this time.. I took my time in adjusting the seat and mirrors and all... Then it was the usual 3-point-turn... After practicing the whole play in my mind for the whole night... Yes, i did it easily... No problem at all.. Hooray for me, i exit the box with a wide smile across my face.. The driving instructor was so so, and called me to take the 3-point-turn for another 2 time... Practice makes perfect, and i was driving with a wider smile on my face...
Then the instructor came out of the car to show me the side parking... Herm... side parking... Ok, i had to admit... This was not so easy.. I had a problem on getting the wheel position right, (*conversion in Cantonese) He was like: Left!! Left!! That's Right!! Turn Left!!! Now, 1 & 1/2 circle to the Right!!... Gheese... I was baking in that piece of kancil, and he was giving orders out in the sun.. Urgh.. More sticks and boxes.... The funniest part was reversing towards the sticks at the back of the box.. This was mainly taught by my family(bro, sis, mom, dad) as they all drive... Staying in BU11 has caused many inconveniences due to parking, so we derived the habit of parking 2 smaller cars in front of the house very close together.... A habit remains a habit unless you change it.. Reversing up close to the sticks without knocking them over was really fun, especially with the instructor out there saying : Brake!! Brake!!!.. I returned the gesture in a wide smile plus a fairly good side parking..
After the parking.. He decided to get into the side and let me drive back to the office.. Hurm.. why not?? its the second lesson after all.. But wait.. Its a 5 minute drive with uphills, downhills, high-speed-corners, Major traffic light and the very inconvenient right turn along a heavy traffic main road... That shouldn't be that bad, giving the time was 12... Lunch time rush hour... Maintaining at 40km/h was a real drag.. Not only did the car behind me was closing very fast.. I was leaving a huge space in front of me that can fit almost any moving vehicle without a problem... Uphill was fun, while i had to release the accelerator on downhill.. (Like anyone on the road is doing that) Traffic light... Well, having going through the other obstacles.. This was the last 1... Only that there's a lorry right in front of me.. and then Green Light!!! and the car didn't die.. neither did it move... I didn't release the clutch fast enough, and was revving the engine in first gear.. Then the instructor panicked, called me to hurry through although it was a yellow light... who gives, his nerve was already rattled.. Then it was smooth sailing all the way back to office... The occasional pod-hole evasion was fun too....

Thus, my second driving lesson ended....

Next class: Wednesday at 10

1 comment:

Waileng Tan said...

何何何
It's so funny that I don't remember being so '鸡手鸭脚' when I took my lessons~!
After all you seem to have the problem of '左右不分'
何何何